Friday, December 7, 2012

A Bug at the Back Door


I walked to the church this morning and took out my key to open the back door. As I was inserting my key into the lock I noticed a horrible looking insect on the ground. Not sure what it was. It looked like a cross between spider and a granddaddy long leg. It was ugly. I reached out my foot and stepped on it.  I squished the life out of it. Then I wondered. How many people have we stomped on at the door of the church? A few I am sure. Sometimes it has been by mistake. Sometimes out of ignorance. Sometimes because they just looked like detestable creatures. And yet our Lord has anointed us to preach good news to the poor. He has sent us to proclaim freedom to the captives. To help the blind recover their sight. To set free those who are oppressed and proclaim the grace of God.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment